Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh, the signs of SPRING!!! YAY!
We just got back from a week long vacation to South Dakota (my annual trip out to spend St. Patrick's Day with my Irish brothers) to beautiful signs of spring!
I am so excited about spring now that we spent the last 2 days of vacation doing yard work, tilling flower beds, fertilizing the yard and planting seeds and flowers!
South Dakota pics can wait for a bit!

I've got three rose plants along side the house, one climbing rose and two rose bushes-can't wait to see the blooms this summer! We had roses last year late into the fall-if I remember right, they were blooming up until Thanksgiving time!





Our Bradford Pear tree in the front yard is blooming, and if you're familiar at all with Louisville, these trees are EVERYWHERE! The blooms are very pretty and I'm happy to see it doing so well after the hard winter ice storm we had!









3 comments:

The McClure's said...

i like the new look! Welcome home! I love, love, love those first signs of spring - the first time you can almost taste the blazing hot summers! I'm telling you, one of these days I'm going to move south!!!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pix! love, auntie kris

the Eggernest said...

I love seeing Auntie Kris leaving comments again! :) Also, love the white blossoms, they are beautiful! I love this time of year! :) Glad to hear your trip went well, and I hope that you drank some green beer for me.