Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cincinnati Zoo Trip

In July we took a trip to Ohio for Erin & Ken's wedding. On the way home we stopped at the Cincinnati Zoo. We instantly fell in love with a Polar Bear who was enjoying his swimming pool (on a very hot day)!

Our next stop was the bird sanctuary..

I was a fortunate recipient of a present from one of the birds very shortly after taking this picture. I was POOPED on! The lovely bird pooped all down the front of me and all over my camera....and go figure the girl who was working there had no paper towels, you would assume this sort of thing happens ALL the time, but no. So, off Kevin goes in search of paper towels to wipe me down. And yes, we walked around for the rest of the day as the poop dried on my shirt...I was a good sport! Ha!

The flowers all around the zoo were very pretty!

It was too Hot for the Lions to be up and about so they were enjoying a sun bath on their platform. We were lucky enough to see this guy "Roar"!!

The Gorilla's were highly entertaining. All the Baby wanted was to run around and have some fun but it seemed as though no one was interested!!

Can you see his little tongue? He was drinking from the waterfall!


And then of course, we were home bound (with a Donato's Pizza in hand! YUM!)

No comments: